Shredded BBQ Grass Fed Beef Sandwich
We had company in town this past weekend and I noticed some extra roasts in the freezer. What better way to savor the dwindling days of summer and feed a lot of people than with some delicious crockpot barbecue?? I was able to put this recipe together with simple ingredients that did not require a grocery run. Simple and yummy. Hope you enjoy!
Crockpot Shredded Barbecue Beef
- 1 (2-3lb) Chuck roast or Brisket (for crockpots, I actually prefer chuck roasts)
- 1 medium size onion sliced (I set aside 1/4 to eat fresh on the sandwiches)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sandwich buns
- Start by salt and peppering the roast. Pour an appropriate amount of oil (1-2 tbs) in a pan and brown the roast on all sides. I use our beef tallow, but any vegetable, coconut or olive oil will do.
- In a small bowl mix together ketchup, dijon, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, and garlic powder.
- Place the sliced onions and browned roast in the crockpot and pour sauce mixture over both. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs, or on high for 6. (If I can, I flip the roast a couple times throughout the day as I walk by it.)
- When the timer is done, take 2 forks and shred the beef to the consistency of your liking. You can add more BBQ sauce here if you desire.
- Toast up your buns and serve those babies with some onion and pickles!
If you're a local, I would highly recommend adding a little kick with Adobe Milling Jalapeño BBQ sauce found here or in local grocery stores!