The Health Benefits of Eating Grass Fed Animals
Eating animals that have been raised on grass has proven to be more beneficial for your health. Apart from lacking all the chemicals that comes with conventional grain, consuming pastured meats have the following benefits when compared to grain fed animals:
- Lower in overall saturated fat and calories,
- Higher in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid known for preventing heart disease, reducing the risk of cancer, lowering cholesterol, regulating blood pressure and aiding in overall loss of body fat.
- Higher levels of Omega-3s, an essential fatty acid our bodies need to ensure proper cell function, regulation of artery walls, blood clotting, inflammation, and genetic function in cells. They are best known for preventing heart disease, strokes, and cancer but aid in preventing many other conditions.
- Higher in B-vitamins, riboflavin and thiamine - which boost metabolism and increase energy
- Higher in mineral content - including magnesium, potassium, and calcium
- Higher in vitamin E - also plays a role in preventing heart disease and cancer, and a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties